Terms & Conditions
Terms & Conditions on Sale of Artwork:
By registering and placing an order on www.indianartplace.com (‘the Website’) you acknowledge that you are bound by the terms and conditions listed below:
1. The artworks made available for sale on the Website are not always in the physical possession of Art Nouveau and can be physically located in the artist’s studio or with an indianartnouveau member.
2. All artworks made available for sale on the Website will be sold at the price listed and no discounts will be granted to the buyer. The price of the art work listed does not include duties and taxes. The buyer agrees that the buyer is liable for any duties and taxes that might be applicable on the purchase and such charges shall be payable in addition to the price of the artwork.
3. Shipping and handling is borne by us when painting is shipped in a rolled condition within India. In the event of the painting being shipped in a framed condition, the shipping, packaging and handling charges will be payable by the buyer in addtion to the price of the artwork whether the shipping is in India or overseas.
4. The information provided during registration or amended at the time of finalizing a purchase shall be the final billing address and shipping address for delivery of the artworks.
5. All invoices will be raised by Art Nouveau based on the registration information provided by the buyer or amended at the time of finalizing a purchase and payments will be accepted only from the buyer so registered. In the event that a payment is sent from elsewhere, it may either be returned or could result in a delay in the processing of the order until management decides whether a variation from the registration details may be accepted.
6. Placing an order on www.indianartplace.com constitutes an irrevocable acceptance of the purchase. Unless cancelled by Art Nouveau on account of a default by the seller or any prior or continuing breach by the buyer, such acceptance results in an enforceable contract of sale. The contract of sale is between Art Nouveau (acting as the agent of the Seller) and the buyer.
7. Once an order is placed on www.indianartplace.com the buyer is required to make payment for the price of the artwork as well as the charges referred to above within 7 working days from the date of placing the order. In the event that Art Nouveau does not receive payment within 7 working days it reserves the right to cancel the order without prior notice to the buyer. Alternately, and without prejudice to the foregoing, Art Nouveau may, at its absolute discretion, hold the artwork for the Buyer and charge any storage and insurance costs applicable on the purchase and/or may seek to commence legal proceedings (acting as the agent of the Seller) to ensure execution of the contract of sale.
8. The artworks will be delivered/shipped to the Buyer once all necessary documentation, relating to transportation, tax, etc. as may be reasonably requested for by Art Nouveau are completed and payment has been realized in full including any additional charges. Transit insurance costs will be included in such additional charges, unless specifically advised otherwise by the Buyer.
9. You agree to abide by all provisions prescribed in these terms and conditions. In particular, you warrant that all information that you submit will be true and accurate (including without limitation your credit card number and expiration date), and you agree to pay all costs, charges plus all applicable taxes for the purchases made by you.
10. Art Nouveau is authorized by the Sellers to exercise complete discretion in (i) the illustration and descriptions of art works for viewing and sale and (ii) acceptance or rejection of orders received.
11. All artwork displayed on the Website is supported by an authenticity guarantee from the Seller.
12. The artworks will be delivered/shipped to the Buyer by Art Nouveau through a reputed courier company. Should there be any damage to the artwork in transit, the Buyer should not accept the parcel and should notify Art Nouveau immediately.
13. Paintings that are unframed and unmounted will be shipped in a rolled format and in protective cylinders. For paintings that are shipped with glass frames, we cannot provide any guarantee for the glass though utmost care is taken while packing.
14. While great care is taken to depict the true colours of paintings as on the website, there may be variations in shade and colour due to screen settings. No complaints in this regard would be entertained1.
15. Art Nouveau is not obligated to provide any physical preview of the artwork either before or after the sale. Art nouveau is in no way liable for the condition of the artwork.
16. All foreign currency exchange rates for the purchase are made on a constant of 1:55 (USD:INR). The prices for individual artworks have been ’rounded off’ for ease of reference and do not necessarily reflect the exact exchange rate that will be used for calculation of the invoiced price.
17. The buyer warrants that all the information furnished at the time of registration is true and correct and any change in the information provided will be updated and intimated to Art Nouveau immediately. Art Nouveau is entitled to act on the basis of the information provided and seek such further information, clarifications or verifications as it may deem necessary for granting registration. Such registration may be suspended or cancelled where Art Nouveau forms a reasonable view that any of the above information may be inaccurate. However, such registration will be restored immediately on the buyer furnishing information to the satisfaction Art Nouveau .
19. Any dispute, of any nature whatsoever, arising out of this agreement of this transaction of purchase shall be subject to jurisdiction of the Courts of Delhi only.